Any steward, health and safety rep, union learning rep or branch officers have a right to paid time off for training in their union duties in most workplaces. This also applies to part-time activists and those who take part in online courses. If you are having difficulty getting time off please speak to our education officer for some advice.
The main unison page has information on courses available for activists please use this link: http://www.unison.org.uk/for-activists/training/ for more information
The West Midlands Regional Education & Training Committee provides a website where our members and activists will find a wide variety of workshops, courses and learning opportunities.
The site has details of Activist Courses, aimed at workplace representatives and branch officers, and those who wish to involve themselves in the activities and campaigns of our union. Please use this link to access the different courses available. www.learninunisonwm.org.uk
There is also a programme of Courses for members, they are aimed at building up confidence, skills and knowledge which will help members, to keep pace with an ever changing nature of work. For more information and to apply please visit our website http://www.learninunisonwm.org.uk
Current courses available for members:
- Get that job (job search skills)-10th May
- Dementia Awareness 8th May
- Computers and IT for beginners 17th April -1st May (Afternoons)
- Internet and emails 8th May -22nd May (afternoons)
- Counselling Skills 24th April-3rd July (evenings)
- Numeracy Skills: every day maths 25th April-27th June (evenings)
- Literacy skills: putting it on paper 24th April-26th June (evenings)